Real Estate Jackson Mississippi
Buying Real Estate in Jackson Mississippi
Jackson is called the “Crossroads of the South” because it’s the center of the business and commerce scene while remaining a regional hub for culture, agriculture, and education. As the area continues to grow, the people of Jackson are committed to providing a lively cultural scene and quality educational opportunities to support future development. Buying real estate in Jackson, Mississippi can indeed be very exciting.
With a lively downtown scene, Jackson is an excellent community in which to enjoy a delicious meal and listen to live music. The culture and performing arts scene in Jackson is very active, and includes:
- The 54,000 square foot Mississippi Museum of Arts, displaying works of art from its permanent collection as well as special touring exhibits.
- The Mississippi Symphony Orchestra performs an array of concerts beginning in early Fall and ending in the late Spring. Concerts range from classical music to pop favorites.
- The city’s auditorium, Thalia Mara Hall, showcases events such as plays, musicals, and concerts by the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra.
- The Arts Center of Mississippi, which is a division of the Jackson City Department of Human and Cultural Services, serves as host venue to a number of cultural organizations and events throughout the year.
If you are interested in relocating to this thriving, active, and cultural community, it’s time to speak with an expert in Jackson real estate.
Contact Coldwell Banker (Graham & Associates) to discover available real estate in Jackson. Or call us at 601-607-4777 / 866-301-2242.
Some Numbers to Consider when Buying Real Estate in Jackson, Mississippi
A contender for the CNN Money list of America’s best small cities in 2010, Jackson, Mississippi’s median home prices are $93K with a cost of living that is 16.10 per cent lower than the U.S. average. As of 2011, Jackson’s population is just over 172K and public schools spent $4,352 per student with about 18.6 students per teacher.*
* Facts according to Sperling’s Best Places (http://www.bestplaces.net/city/mississippi/jackson)
Downtown Jackson has evolved into a world-class neighborhood with newly converted loft apartments. It offers residents a fresh and ever-changing assortment of entertainment—all within easy walking distance. Whether you are interested in seeing the latest show, hearing new live music, experiencing the global art scene or dining at one of our renowned restaurants, you can do it all in Jackson.
The metro Jackson area finds a number of higher education opportunities, including eight colleges:
- Hinds Community College
- Jackson State University
- Mississippi College
- Holmes Community College
- Belhaven College
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Millsaps College
- Tougaloo College
- MC School of Law
Contact us to begin your search for real estate in Jackson, Mississippi today. Or call 601-607-4777 / 866-301-2242.